Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam (UPSEE) is conducted by Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow for the candidates who seek admission to engineering courses in State Government, Private unaided and Govt. aided institutions affiliated to Uttar Pradesh Technical University along with some other Universities of Uttar Pradesh.
- The candidates must have successfully cleared the 10+2 or its equivalent with physics and Mathematics and Chemistry.
- All candidates who are eligible for the admission to B.Tech course is also eligible for B.Tech (Agri. Engg) Course.
- For Admission to B.Tech (Marine Engg) programme the candidate must have cleared 10+2 or equivalent examination atleast with 60% marks in total of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics along with minimum 50% marks in English.
- Candidate should also submit a medical Fitness certificate from a doctor at the time of counseling approved by the Director General of Shipping as per the Merchant Shipping rules.
- The maximum age limit is 20 years as on the admission year.
- UPSEE will be conducted for 11 papers with objective type questions except Drawing Aptitude test.
- The candidates are required to opt subjects and papers for appearing in the entrance examination.
- All question papers (except part B of paper-6) will carry objective multiple-choice questions.
- Answers will be evaluated by OMR methodology.
- All question papers except paper 6 (B.Arch) will be in Hindi and English.
- The candidates have the option to answer part B of paper 6 either in English or Hindi. In all cases, the Standard English numbers must be used.
- All objective type questions would carry 4 marks for each correct answer.
- More than one answer indicated against a question will be considered as incorrect.
- Answers are to be marked using ball point pen (Black / Blue) only.
- All objective type questions are required to be answered on specially designed OMR answer sheets. For the purpose of evaluation, Test Booklet Code written by the candidate in the OMR answer sheet will be accepted as final.
The application forms for UPSEE will be available from all Head Post Offices of Uttar Pradesh, Nainital Delhi, and Dehradun. The form can also be obtained by post from UPTU by sending a Demand Draft (DD) along with the request for form.
Important Dates (Tentative):
• Availability of Application Form: third week of February to second week of March, 2011
• Last Date for request of form by post: fourth week of February, 2011
• Last Date of Submission of completed application form: third week of March, 2011
• Date of UPTU Examination: 3rd week of April, 2011
Pattern of Examination:
There will be 2 papers for B.Tech entrance:
Paper 1: Physics & Chemistry-150 minutes & 75 questions each from Physics & Chemistry
Paper 2: Mathematics-90 minutes & 90 questions
There will be no negative marking.