A Combined Entrance Test is conducted by the Punjab Technical University for admission to first year Engineering and Architecture courses in the colleges affiliated to Punjab Technical University, Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Punjab Agricultural University, Amritsar and Punjab University, Guru Nanak Dev University, Patiala. Admission to PTU Caparo School of Excellence in Manufacturing and Material Technology shall also be made on the basis of this entrance test.
The Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar scrapped the Combined Entrance Test (CET-2011) for admission to 1 st year of Engineering & Technology courses in the universities/Institutions affiliated to:
- Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar ,
- Punjabi University, Patiala,
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana.
There are nearly 34,000 seats for various engineering disciplines in the state colleges
- Admission to 15% category shall be made on the basis of AIEEE merit and information regarding this will be available on PTU website http://www.ptu.ac.in/ in April-2010. Students have to register online for this category.
- For eligibility for 85% seats category candidates should be a resident of Punjab State in terms of Punjab Govt.,
- Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms (PP II Branch) letter no. 1/3/95-3PP II/9619 dated 6th June 1996 and letter no. 1/3/95-3PP II / 81 dated 1st Jan 1999.
- Should have passed 10+1 and 10+2 examination as a regular candidate from recognized institution situated in Punjab. Each candidate would be required to submit a certificate to this effect from the Principal / Head of Institution last attended in the prescribed Performa.
Note: The candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination shall also be eligible to appear in the Entrance Test. The admission of such candidates to the Entrance Test shall be purely provisional and shall stand cancelled, if they fail to produce their eligibility at the time of counseling.
The PTU CET 2010 Information Brochure-cum-Application Form will be available for sale from 17th March, 2010 at PTU Office, Ladowali Road, Jalandhar City; Directorate of Technical Education, Plot No. 1, Sector 36-A, Chandigarh and at All Engineering / Pharmacy / Architecture Colleges affiliated to PTU & selected branches of Punjab National Bank
Cost of Brochure Rs. 550/- at Counter, Rs. 600/- by post in the shape of DD in favour of Registrar, PTU payable at Jalandhar.
Course Engg./ Tech. Pharmacy Time
Paper – I (Compulsory) Physics Physics 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
Paper – II (Compulsory) Mathematics Chemistry
Paper – III Chemistry / Biology / Bio-technology / Computer Science Mathematics/ (Any one of Biology / the subjects) Bio-technology/ Computer Science
Sale of information brochure-cum-application form : 17th March, 2010
Last Date of receipt of completed Application form : 10th April, 2010 ( 5 p.m.)
Date of Combined Entrance Test (PTU CET) : 2nd May 2010
Declaration of PTU CET 2010 Result : 21st May 2010
Start of counseling : 15th June 2010
Punjab Technical University
Jalandhar – 144 001
Phone : 0181-2233877
Fax : 0181-2244008
Website : http://www.ptu.ac.in/