Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test
The Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BPEE) conducts a Common Entrance Test (JKCET) in the State of Jammu & Kashmir by an Act of the State Legislative for selection of candidates for admission to various professional courses in Jammu and Kashmir.
Admission to undergraduate courses like medical, dental, engineering and agriculture in Jammu and Kashmir is based on the JKCET score. Both the Government aided and private institutions in J&K will accept the merit ranking of CET for admission into various programs.
Entrance test is conducted for the following programs:
Bachelor of Medical MBBS, BVSC, Animal Husbandry, BUMS and BAMS courses
Bachelor of Dental BDS
Bachelor of Engineering
Bachelor of Agriculture B.Sc Agriculture and B.Sc Forestry
- The candidates must be domicile of Jammu & Kashmir as defined in Section 6 of the Constitution of the J&K.
- The applicants must have passed their Higher Secondary or equivalent examination from a recognized board/university. He / she must have scored a minimum of 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST) in aggregate.
- For MBBS, BDS, BVSC & AH, Physiotherapy, BUMS, BAMS, B Sc Nursing, B Sc Rehabilitation Therapy, B Sc Fisheries, B Sc Radiation Science, B Sc Operation Theater Technology, B Sc Medical Lab Technology and B Sc medical Technology courses:
Applicant must have passed their 10+2 level of examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology, as elective subjects
- For B Sc Agriculture, B Sc Horticulture, B Sc Sericulture, B Tech Agriculture and B Sc Forestry:
The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Math or Biology as their elective subjects .
- For Bachelor of Engineering courses :
The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their elective subjects.
- For B Sc in Physiotherapy and BAMS a reserved category candidate must have at least 45% marks in 10+2 level of examination
- Applicants can obtain the application form along with the prospectus at all District Headquarters in the specified Branches of the Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd. against a requisite fee. In addition to the above fee, candidates should pay service charges as may be fixed by the Bank.
- Fill the application form in Block letters only in English using blue/black ball pen. Incomplete applications forms are not entertained. Candidate must write his/ her name and father's name in capital letters as given in matriculation certificate issued by the competent Board of School Education.
- The board provides an opportunity to indicate his/her preference for a course, category and the Institution in which she/he would like to study. The codes for these options must be filled carefully because the selection of a candidate for a particular course will depend upon the codes for courses / Institutions / categories written by him/her in the relevant spaces provided in the Application Form.
- Applicants can fill several course options ( A to H ) in the Application Form. If his/ her preferences are in the order of " A,C,F
..", he/she will be first of all considered for selection in M.B.B.S. course . If the candidate does not make it, he/she will be considered for selection in B.V. Sc. and A. H. courses.
- Five stream options are available for admission in Govt. College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu. Candidate should write the code of stream according to the order of preference. All the five available streams can be indicated in this order.
- A candidate must indicate preference for the College where he/she would like to seek admission by writing the relevant code for that College in the three boxes given in the form. An option once exercised cannot be changed before or after the Entrance Test.
- Dully filled application forms along with all necessary documents can be submitted personally at the offices of the Board of Professional Entrance Examinations, 9A Polo View, Srinagar (Kashmir) or 4th Floor, South Block, Bahu Plaza, Jammu180012 against receipt during working hours on or before the last date.
- Dully completed application Form can also be sent by registered post/ speed post in the name of the Controller of Examinations, BPEE at Jammu and Srinagar on the address as indicated above. Application Forms received after the prescribed last date by whatever mode, including registered and speed post, will not be entertained. Nor will those forms be returned to the concerned candidates.
Attested Photocopies of the following certificates should be attached with the non-scannable application form:
Certificate of permanent residence.
Marks certificate of the qualifying examination issued by the concerned Board.
Date of birth as given in matriculation or equivalent examination certificate.
Certificate in respect of claim of belonging to any reserved category.
Board of Professional Examinations
4th Floor, South Block,
Tel: 0191 -2475606 , 2473637