IGNOU Open MAT:
Open Management Admission Test is a common entrance test conducted by Indira Gandhi National Open University for admitting candidates to its management programs. This entrance exam is held twice in a year usually in the month of February and August. Candidates seeking admission to various management programs in IGNOU have to pass the entrance exam. The exam is held twice a year i.e first Sunday of august and first Sunday of February every year. IGNOU OPENMAT Offers a wide range of management courses includes Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Programs offered by IGNOU are:
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Diploma in Management (DIM)
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDIM)
Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM)
Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
Candidate should have Graduation in any discipline with minimum 50% marks for General Category and 45% for Reserved Category.
Bachelor's degree with 3 years of Supervisory / Managerial / Professional Experience, or Professional Degree in Engineering / Technology / Medicine / Architecture / Law / Pharmacy or Professional Qualifications in Accountancy / Cost and Works Accountancy / Company Secretaryship etc., or Masters Degree in any subject.
Candidates who have successfully cleared the entrance test for admission into Management Programme conducted by the institutions like CAT, MAT and State Level tests need not appear in OPENMAT.
Non-graduates (10+2 or equivalent) with six years of Managerial / Supervisory / Professional Experience are eligible for taking admission into Diploma in Management only after clearing the Entrance Test.
Application Procedure and Fee:
Student brochure for Management Programme' will be available in the Regional Centre ((RC) Madurai (or) the Learner Support Centers (LSC) listed below by sending a sum of Rs.550/- through a Demand Draft / IPO in favour of “ IGNOU “ payable at Madurai or by paying Rs.500/- in cash at the RC/LSC sale counters. Please write your name and address on the back of the DD / IPO, Last date for receipt of request for ‘PROSPECTUS' by post is 25th December. 2010.
Dully filled in form for Entrance Test (Form 1) “OPENMAT-XXIX” must reach the below address by Registered Post/Speed Post on or before 31st December, 2010.
The Registrar (SED), Block 12,
IGNOU, Maidan Garhi,
New Delhi – 110068,
OPENMAT Application form and prospectus can also be downloaded from the website: www.ignou.ac.in
Applications are available in the below IGNOU Centers:
Coimbatore: G.R.D. College of Science (0422-2592399)
Madurai: Thiyagarajar College (0452-2311221)
Tirunelveli: Sadakathullah Appa College (0462-2541050)
Ayikudi: Amar Seva Sangam (04633-267670)
Tuticorln : V.O.C. College (0461-2310906)
Thiruchirapalli: Bishop Heber College (0431 -2772200)
Sattur: Sri. S. R.N. M. College (04562-263699)
Uthamapalayam: H.K.RowtherHowdia College (04554-265225)
Dindigul: RVS College of Engineering & Technology (04551 -227230)
Ooty: Mother Nivedita Tribal Vidyalaya (0423-2444400)
Erode: Kongu Engineering College (04294-225252)
Gobi: Gobi Arts & Science College (04285-240117)
Pollachi: Sree Ramu College of Arts & Science (04259-286230)
Thanjavur: Periyar Maniammai University (04362-264600)
Walk in Admission (Management Programme only)
Candidates who have cleared the entrance test can submit the registration form (Form-2), which is available in the ‘Student Handbook & Prospectus along with the hall ticket of the Entrance Test to the respective Regional Centre Madurai along with the required fee on any day after the receipt of result card for admission cycle starting from July, 2011.
Note: Provision for on line registration for admission into the Management Programme to the successful candidates will be made available on the university website ww.ignou.ac.in after declaration of the entrance test result.
Date of Entrance Test :
(Openmat-XXIX ) 06.02.2011
(Openmat-XXXI ) 05.02.2012
Last Date of Submission of the entrance test form (Form 1) at University headquarters
Eligible to take admission in (validity of open mat score)
2nd Sem., 2011 (July, 2011)
Ist Sem., 2012 (January, 2012)
Ist Sem., 2012 (January, 2012)
2nd Sem., 2012 (July, 2012)
2nd Sem., 2012 (July, 2012)
Ist Sem., 2013 (January, 2013)
Last Date of Submission of application form for admission at the concerned regional center along with result card, identity card and other relevant documents
31st May, 2011
30th November, 2011
30th November, 2011
31st May, 2012
31th May, 2012
30th November, 2012
School of Management Studies
IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068
Phone: 91-011- 29532073, 29534905
Fax : 91-011- 29532078
E-mail : Contact
Website : www.ignou.ac.in
List of Regional Centers of IGNOU:
1. H.No. 3-5-909, Himayat Nagar, Main Road Hyderabad-500029
2. JNR Mahavidyalaya Port Blair-744104, Andaman & Nicobar Islands
3. Navagiri Road, 1st Bye-Lane, Chandmari, Guwahati - 781003.
4. 2 nd Floor, BISCOMAUN Tower, West Gandhi Maidan, Patna-800001
5. 52, Tughlakabad Instt. Area, Near Batra Hospital, New Delhi-110 062.
6. Opp. Nirma Instt. of Technology, Sarkhej-Gandhi Nagar, Highway, Chharodi, Ahmedabad-382481
7. Old Govt. College Campus, Railway Station Road, Karnal-132001
8. Rain Basera Building, Khalini, Shimla-171002
9. N.S.S.S. Kalyan Kendra No. 293, 39 th Cross, 8 th Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore-560082
10. Kaloor, Cochin-682017
11. Sanchi Complex, Opp. Board of Secondary Edn.., Shivaji Nagar., Bhopal-462016
12. 1 ST Floor, MSFC Building, 270, Senapati Bapat Road, Pune -411016
13. Sunny Lodge, Nongthyammai, Nong Shilliang, Shillong-793014
14. C-1, Institutional Area, Bhubaneshwar-751013
15. 70/79, Sector -7, Patel Marg, Mansarovar, Jaipur-302020
16. C.I.T. Campus, Taramani, Chennai-600113
17. B-1/33, Sect.-H, Aliganj, Lucknow-226024
18. Bikash Bhawan, 4 th Floor, North Block, Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata- 700091
19. Gandhi Smriti & Darshan Samiti, Rajghat, New Delhi-110002
20. SPMR College of Commerce, Canal Road, Jammu -180001
21. Mantoo House, Raj Bagh, Near Masjid AL -Farooq, Sri Nagar -190008
22. Nanoor, Khera, Tapovan Raipur Road, Dehradun-248001, Uttaranchal
23. 457/A, Ashok Nagar, Ranchi-834002 (Jharkhand)
24. Gairigaon, Tadong, PO Shumbuk House Gangtok, Sikkim-737102
25. Hornhill Complex, ‘C' Sector (Near Central Sch.) Naharlagun, Itanagar-791110
26. Asha Jina Complex North AOC, Imphal, Manipur-795001
27. Lal Buaia Building, M.G. Road, Khatla, (Near Central YMA OFF.), Aizwal, Mizoram-796001
28. MBB College Compound, PO Agartala College, Agartala, Tripura-799004
29. NH.39, Opp. Dzuvuru (Mohn Khola) I.O.C. Kohima, Nagaland-797001
30. ITI Building, Bulepur, (District Ludhiana) Khanna-141401 (31) Rest House & EM, Office Hall, Sector-1, Shankar Nagar, Raipur-492007
31. 2 nd FLR, Rajshekhar Bhavan Rani Durgavati Vishvavidhylya Campus, Pachpedhi Jabalpur-482001 (Madhya Pradesh)
32. Distt, agriculture Office Road, Behind Panchayat Bhavan Koraput-764020, (Orissa)
NOTE: Applicants from Army, Air Force Navy A. Rifles and CRPF can obtain "Student Handbook & Prospectus" from the following Recognised Regional Centres:
33. Brig. Edu. HQ Central Command,Lucknow, U.P.
34. Col. Edu. HQ Northern Command, Udhampur, J&K
35. Col. Edu. HQ Western Command, Chandimandir, Haryana
36. Col. Edu. HQ Southern Command, Pune, Mahrashtra
37. Col. Edu. HQ Eastern Command, Kolkata W.B
38. HQ WAC, IAF, Subroto Park, New Delhi-110010
39. HQ CAC, IAF, Bamrauli, Allahabad-211012, U.P.
40. HQ EAC, IAF, C/O-99 APO -Shillong., Meghalaya
41. HQ MC, TAF, Vayusena Nagar, Nagpur-440007
42. HW SWAC, IAF, Sec-9 Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat-382009
43. HQ SAC, IAF Post: Arkunum, Trivandrum-695011
44. HQ TC, IAF, Post: JC Nagar, Bangalore-560006
45. 68, Race Course, New Delhi-110003
46. NAVAL HQ. R.K. Puram New Delhi -110066
47. HQ. Western Naval Command Mumbai-400001
48. HQ. Eastern Naval Command Visakhapatnam-530014
49. HQ. Southern Naval Command Kochi-682004
50. Directorate General, Assam Rifles (DGAR), Laitumukhrah, Shillong-793003.
51. Group Centre, CRPF, Jharodakalan, New Delhi-110071.
52. Group Centre, CRPF, Avadi, Chennai-600065.
53. Group Centre, CRPF, Amerigon, Guwahati, Assam-781023.
54. Bantalab, Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir-181123.
55. Group Centre, CRPF, Lucknow-226002.
56. Group Centre, CRPF, Gandhinagar, Gujrat-382042.
57. GC, CRPF, Hyderabad-600065.
Sample Paper with answers:
1 . What does the abbreviation "ASSOCHAM" stand for ?
(1)Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry
(2)Associated Chambers of Chemicals and Metals
(3)Association of Chemists and Metallurgists
(4)Association of Chemists, Horticulturist, Anthologists and Metallurgists
Answer: (1)Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry
2.Who is the author of the book "Romancing with Life" ?
(1) Bill Clinton (2) Kapil Dev (3) Devanand (4) Shashi Tharoor
Answer: (3) Devanand
3.What does the letters XP stand for in the product Microsoft XP ?
(1) Extended product (2) Extra Pampering
(3) Experience (4) Entry level product
Answer: (3) Experience
4. Pablo Picasso, the famous painter was :
(1) French (2) Italian (3) Flemish (4) Spanish
Answer: (4) Spanish
5.Which Mughal Emperor prohibited the use of tobacco ?
(1) Baber (2) Jahangir(3) Aura ngzeb (4) Muhammed Shah
Answer: (2) Jahangir
6.Which of the following does not have an Oil Refinery ?
(1) Tarapore (2) Digboi (3) Barauni (4) Mangalore
7.The Nobel Prize for literature in the year 2009 was won by :
(1) Ada Yonath (2) Herta Mueller (3) Carol Greider (4) Jean-Marie Gustave le Clezio
Answer: (2) Herta Mueller
8.The year in which the first man landed on the Moon was :
(1) 1962 (2) 1965 (3) 1969 (4) 1970
Answer: (3) 1969
9.The country rated highest on the Human Development Index as per the UNDP, HDI-2009
report is :
(1) Sweden (2) Norway (3) Australia (4) U.S.A.
Answer: (2) Norway
10.The first Indian sports woman to win a medal in World Athletics is :
(1) P.T. Usha (2) Shiny Wilson (3) Anjali Bhagwat (4) Anju B. George
Answer: (4) Anju B. George
11.Durand Line is the line dividing :
(1) Poland and Germany (2) Pakistan and Afghanistan
(3) India and Tibet (4) France and Germany
Answer: (2) Pakistan and Afghanistan
12.A south Rajasthani tribe earning its living by song and dance :
(1) Moors (2) Khasis (3) Garasia (4) Mayas
Answer: (3) Garasia
13.During Cardiac failure, which of the following is advised as a first aid ?
(1) Mouth to mouth resuscitation (2) Giving external cardiac massage
(3) Giving cool water to drink (4) Giving complete body massage
Answer: (1) Mouth to mouth resuscitation
14The video games Xbox is a product of :
(1) Sega (2) Sony (3) Intel (4) Microsoft
15.The main chemical substance present in the bones and teeth of animals is :
(1) Sodium chloride (2) Sugar (3) Calcium phosphate (4) Calcium sulphate
Answer: (3) Calcium phosphate
16.Why is it easier to swim in sea than in a river ?
Density of sea water is lower than the density of the river water
Density of sea water is higher than the density of the river water
Waves in the sea help us to float
River is less deeper than sea
Answer: Density of sea water is higher than the density of the river water
17.Hydrogen was discovered by :
(1) Priestley (2) Boyle (3) Charles (4) Cavendish
Answer: (4) Cavendish
18.Eudiometer is used for measuring :
Volume changes in chemical reactions between gases
Electric current of small magnitude
Distance covered by wheeled vehicles
Measuring optical activity
19. The biggest Delta in the world is the :
(1) Sicily Delta (2) Ganges Delta (3) Caspian Delta (4) Nippon Delta
Answer:(2) Ganges Delta
20.Which part of the body is affected by "Meningitis" ?
(1) Lungs (2) Intestines
(3) Lining of the chest wall (4) Spinal cord and Brain
Answer: (4) Spinal cord and Brain
21.Which is the world's tallest structure ?
(1) KVLY-TV mast (2) Burj Khalifa (3) Taipei Towers (4) CN Tower
Answer: Burj Khalifa
22.Which company's famously advertised vision statement is 'The Network is the Computer' ?
(1) Cisco Systems (2) Lucent Technologies
(3) Sun Microsystems (4) Nortel Networks
Answer: (3) Sun Microsystems
23.The Essar group of companies has been promoted by :
(1) Ruias (2) Ambanis (3) Goenkas (4) Kanorias
24.The acronym USB stands for :
(1) Universal System Board (2) Universal Synchronized Bus
(3) Universal Serial Bus (4) Universal System Bus
Answer: (3) Universal Serial Bus
25.'Make Believe' is the tag line of which company ?
(1) Philips (2) Motorola (3) Sony Ericsson (4) Nokia
Answer: (3) Sony Ericsson
26.Which is the third highest peak in India ?
(1) Kanchenjunga (2) Nanga Parbat
(3) Gasher Brum (4) Dunagiri
Ans: (1) Kanchenjunga
27.The country that accounts for nearly one-third of the total teak production of the world is :
(1) Bangladesh (2) Zambia (3) Myanmar (4) India
Answer: 3) Myanmar
28.The city that is the biggest centre for manufacture of automobiles in the world ?
(1) Gurgaon (2) Tokyo (3) Detroit (4) Berlin
Answer: 3) Detroit
29.World Literacy day is celebrated on :
(1) 8ot hAugust (2) 8th September (3) 8th October (4) 8th July
Answer: 2) 8th September
30. The place that is known as the roof of the world is :
(1) Cuba (2) Japan (3) Tibet (4) Romania
Answer: 3) Tibet